Monday, September 19, 2016

Whitewashing? For reals Prez?

September 11, 2016



OKAY so transfer calls were last night and Sister G. and I are OUT of Sapwalap  Worst day ever. We are both being transferred to Mesihsou which is an area that sisters have never been allowed to be in till now!! We are the first sisters to go to Mesihsou and I'm STOKED. and nervous. and scared as crap! When my district leader told us we would be in Mesihsou we both just laughed and were like "HAHAHAH Sisters aren't allowed in Mesihsou!" I guess Heavenly Father had something else in mind. ALSO. We are whitewashing the area! Which means that both previous missionaries are leaving and two new missionaries are coming in. So this week will be filled with checking the area book and lots and lots and lots of finding! HAHHAHAHA also lots of prayers will be said this week, that's for sure! I'll be saying "Kasalehlie! Edei Sister Russell, Ngehi men Utah!" a WHOLE lot this week. 
Soooooo this week was a "refiner's fire" kinda week. At all times I was just praying "Heavenly Father can you teach me what I need to learn faster? Because I'm real sick of this." HAHAH  Just a rough week! I think half of our appointments fell through, a guy who is supposed to get baptized on the 24th confessed that he is addicted to smoking Marijuana, our car broke down hahahahha, Sister G. and I both had the flu, and to top it all off Welsit didn't show up to his own baptism! WHO THE HECK DOESN'T SHOW UP TO THEIR OWN BAPTISM??? Welsit. 
So here's the story. Friday night he was interviewed by our district leader and things seemed to be going so well! Sister G. and I had fasted on Saturday that everything would work out and up until the time of the baptism it had been a pretty good day!! We had gone to see Welsit and he explained how excited he was and that he would be at the church at 5:30 (the baptism was supposed to begin at 6 BUT "local time" means everything starts an hour late) Sooooo at 6 Welsit still wasn't at the church and so our ward mission leader went to go pick him up! So everyone is just sitting in the chapel waiting for Welsit. and we waited. and we waited. and we waited! And at 7 we decided to go find Welsit! So we went to his house (hut hahahahha) he wasn't there! So we went searching!!! NO LUCK. We went back to his house and his sister had come home and told us that Welsit didn't want to get baptized on Saturday because he had to work on Sunday and wanted to receive the Holy Ghost the day after being baptized. FOR REALS? ugh. I was so mad! hahahahha Heavenly Father definitely was teaching me patience with this one! But luckily Welsit agreed to be baptized this Saturday and promised that he would actually come! HA. And also, even though we moved area's we still get to work with him this week! BLESS UP.
Though this week was filled with difficulties I have never felt so close to my Father in Heaven! I KNOW without a doubt that there is something to learn during every trial. He didn't put us on earth just to watch us struggle but to shape and mold us to become the person he needs us to become in order to return back to him. 
I LOVE POHNPEI!!! I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!! Not gonna lie, I'm a little sick of fish eyeballs looking at me during dinner but HEY it's all part of the experience! 
I ese me Mwomwodisowet mehlel oh Rongamwahu en Sises Krais wia kitail peren!! Inou!!!
The church is true!! So so so so so so true!! promise!!
Xo/ Sister Russell
#MadiinMesihsou

No comments:

Post a Comment