Monday, September 19, 2016

Golden Investigator

July 31, 2016



Kasalelie Kumail Koares!!
Soooo this week was a little different then the rest of my weeks in the mission field! on Monday night me and my companion were walking home from a few family home evenings and Sis. George kept telling me how back her side hurt! So we went home and hoped that things would get better in the morning! Wellllll, they didn't and we ended up in the hospital for 3 FREAKING DAYS! They ran lots of tests, she saw three different doctors, and they still couldn't find out what was wrong with her. I've never in my life been so grateful for modern medicine in the United States. I kid you not, on the first day we went to the hospital the doctor pocked her in the side, asked if it hurt, and then gave her pain meds!! HAHAHAH 3rd world countries just handle things so different. And then the next day at the hospital there was a dead body getting carried out of the hospital just so casually. I was scarred. HA. But one thing I did learn from spending lots of time at the hospital and stuck in the house is truly how grateful I am to be a missionary! It is such a BLESSING to serve the Lord for a short 18 months. As I sat and thought and thought about lots of things I missed my investigators and couldn't help but worry about them! I've come to understand why it must be so hard to leave your mission!
Sooooo on Friday I thought that it was important that we go and see our investigators to explain the situation and give them a little encouragement. So we went to see Akaline (The lady from my story last week) and as we talked with her she explained to us that since we hadn't seen her in 4 days she had been reading the Pwuken Mormon and is half way done!! GOLD INVESTIGATOR! She told us that she has a strong testimony of Joseph Smith and knows that the Book of Mormon is truly the word of God!! Like WHAT? I was shocked and was SO happy. Though this week was tough being stuck inside, seeing that made it so worth it!
Also, I'm currently the wards English teacher soooo BOO YAH! Pohnpeians are so dang funny. This culture is so dang funny! 
Okayyy everyone! This gospel is TRUE. I promise you!!! Joseph Smith was a true prophet and the Book of Mormon is so so so so so so so true!!!!
I love my Savior. I love being a missionary. and I love Pohnpei!!!
I poakepoake kumail!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment