Monday, September 19, 2016

Best Time of the Day!

June 9, 2016


Helloooooo everyone!!! I made it to the NZ MTC safely and I'm so so grateful for the opportunity to be here!! I've only been here a short time and I've already learned so much about the gospel, our Savior's love, and myself. So the NZ MTC is quite the place! There are like four white people here (I'm not kidding) which is AWESOME. And a total of 43 missionairies! My companion, Sister Lilo, iis seriously been the biggest blessing to me. I LOVE her. She is from Sydney and is going to Brisbane on her mission. I'm confident she will be the BEST missionary. gosh, I love her! My district is also so great! They are all from crazy places that I literally can't even pronounce which is cool and has provided me with such a cool perspective about life and the gospel! There are 4 elders and me and my companion in our district!
Also, my leaders here are SO great! There are two couples here on missions to help us. Brother and Sister Terry and Brother and Sister Morris. LOVE THEM. The MTC Pres. is President Gibson and he is so so great. He actually graduated from USU so me and him immediately had a great connection! His wife on the other hand hahaha. Bless her soul. She terrifies me. I've never in my life met someone so strict! Like we can't take pictures in the MTC, can't wear sweaters around our waists, can't say "freakin", will get in a tonnnn of trouble if we don't eat all of our food etc. etc. hahaha (these are all things I've gotten in trouble for so far) But she has great intentions!! I truly believe that she does!
P.S. Did you guys know that plugs are different depending on where you are in the world??? hahahha the things you learn as a missionary!
So our schedule is pretty similar every day! We get up at 6, breakfast @ 7, personal study from 7:30 to 8:30 and then companion study! We then study the BOM as a district and then class begins! We have class till 12, then lunch, then sports time. BEST TIME OF THE DAY. Me and my companion have a soccer team with these two Elders from Papai New Genie (no idea how to spell or say that) and we straight wreck. HAHAH the Poly Elders get wayyyyyy upset. It's so dang fun! and then we have time to shower and change and then back to class! Dinner is @ 5 and then it's back to class!!! SO MUCH STUDYING. But I've learned SO much.
On Thurs. we got to go to the NZ temple with everyone and WOWZA was that such a special day!! Being in the temple with new missionairies was one of the most powerful experiences I have yet to experience in the temple. It made me realize how blessed we are to have so many temples close to home!! Okayyyy everyone! I LOVE being a missinoary. It has made me so so grateful for my eternal family and the sweetest this gospel brings to our lives! What a crazy week!! This gospel is so so true!! SO true. I LOVE YOU ALL. peace ouuttttttt!
XO/
Sister Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment