Sunday, September 25, 2016

Baptisms and Bucket Showers....

September 25, 2016




Sooooo FIRST OFF PUMALINE WAS BAPTIZED!!!! wahoooo! I'm pretty sure there is not a better feeling in the whole wide world than hugging your investigator after they are baptized. It's a different kind of happy than I have ever experienced. My testimony is strengthened every time I watch these people completely change their lives and turn to Christ! Being a missionary is the bomb!!!!! And plus this little girl is the sweetest thing ever! It was the bessssttttt! OH and at this baptism I gave my very first talk in Pohnpeian so wahooooo we're getting places people! WE ARE GETTIN PLACES! But for reals! The language is starting to come and I'm finally beginning to understand the whole "Gift of Tongues" thing! Like we will walk out of a lesson and I'll think back and realize that I can't remember anything I taught! I mean don't get me wrong, I still freakin hate this language but at least I can say more than "Edei Sister Russell, Ngehi men Utah!" So BOO YAH. 
Okayyyyy sooooo sometimes I forget that I live in a third world country but this week most definitely wasn't one of those times! The whole island was out of power ALL WEEK. all freakin week. And because our water comes through a pump that meannnnnnsssss NO WATER = BUCKET SHOWERS!!!! wahoooo. Honestly they aren't as bad as they seem! They totally just wake you up! But the biggest problem with no power is that at night nooooo one has lights and no lights = no lessons which is like a super big problem, ya know?? HAHAH but hey it's all good! It supposedly got fixed this morning and it's working right now so pray pray pray that it keeps working!!!!
So this week was filled with saying "So what do you remember from what the Elder's taught you?" and let me tell you guys, I'm sooooooo not a fan of whitewashing!!! Like this one guy came up and went off on us about how Brigham Young had lots of wives and how we should only have one wife and blah blah blah. And I literally just started laughing. I didn't even try to explain anything (mostly because I didn't know how to in Pohnpeian) hahahahah I'm the worst and I MISS SAPWALAP. 
Life as a missionary is about 1000000 times different than anything I could have ever expected! It's the hardest thing I've ever done and most days I say "just make it through this day" and yet I've never been SO happy. Watching the Atonement completely change people's lives is unlike anything I've ever experienced. I'm SO grateful to be on this mission. I know without a doubt that this is where I am needed and I know without a doubt that there are people here who NEED me! I sure do miss Cafe Rio, Fizz, Chick-fil-A, Nordstrom Rack, and slurpees though hahahah! 18 months isn't that long right? 
I ese me Rongamwahuen Sises Krais pwung oh mehlel!!! I kapingki ansou mwahu en wia dodoak en miseneri!!! I poakepoake kumail koaros!!!!
LOVE. Sister Russell


No comments:

Post a Comment