Monday, September 19, 2016

Bucket showers are not nearly as bad as they sound!

July 3, 2016



Wowza do weeks fly in the mission field! Pohnpei is the most beautiful place EVER. I have yet to be in a home with four walls (mostly huts). It's so dang crazy!!! And the even crazier part is that these people are the absolute happiest people!!! They are willing to do anything for anyone! They truly are the greatest examples to me!
Sooooo here's some things I learned my first week in Pohnpei!
1. Bucket showers aren't nearly as bad as they sound! (Our shower was broken for a few days...3rd world country probs!)
2. Utah rain storms are wimpy. 
3. Coconut milk may or may not be the grossest crap on earth.
Okayyyy so this place is absolutely insane!!! Proselyting and seeing the member is my favorite thing ever because we walk on these little paths through the jungle and is seriously the coolest thing ever! I can't talk to anyone yet so I just sit there and nod my head and smile hahaha and now I can kinda bare a short testimony at the end of the lesson! The members and my companion have been working hard with me and my Pohnpeian but DANG is it hard!!! I have so much respect for people who learn a language like WOW! So on Wednesday is rained allll day and even with a rain jacket we were soaked!!! Rain storms here are so crazy! You are outside for like 2 minutes and it looks like you just got out of the shower! Also, the missionary work here is really moving along! We have lots of investigators who are working hard to keep commitments and are very receptive to our message! Being a missionary here is so so great because the people are so disconnected from the world that they don't have pre-judgments about the Mormon church! It's the bestttt! Also on Saturday we had our first baptism!!! Yay! Seeing those two little girls enter the waters of Baptism was an experience I will never forget! I've only been able to bare a simple to testimony to them but I love them so much! It was such a sweet experience. And after the baptism the girls grandma, aunt, and cousin asked us to come see them! It's crazy the influence these two little girls have!! This gospel is the BEST. It's so so true! and boy do I love being a missionary!!! I ese me Mnwomwohdiso wet mehlel!!!! I love you alllll!
Xoxo/ Sista Russellllll

No comments:

Post a Comment