Monday, September 19, 2016

I am going to Pohnpei....What?

June 26, 2016



Hellooooooo everyone! This is so so crazy! I made it to Guam on Wednesday and then got my assignment to serve in Pohnpei!! And I'm already fluent in Pohnpeian hahah SIKE. So I guess Presidnet Monson was pulling my leg when he put "English" on my call letter! My trainer is Sister George and she is the BEST. Sweetest, most patient person I have ever met. She is originally from Pohnpei which is extra helpful when it comes to learning the language. My mission president and his wife are darling!! So sweet and SO strict. Which is such a great thing! So we spent our first couple of nights in Guam because our flight didn't leave until Sunday night so we've only been in Pohnpei for a few hours! I'm in a freakin jungle like OH MY HECK. Think about what Tarzan, Jurassic World, and Survivor looks like and that what Pohnpei looks like! My OCD about being clean has gone right out the window! There are bugs and lizards everyyyywhere. I'm in a small house with Sister George with no drinkable water or warm water but HOLY CRAP! I'm so so happy!!!! I know without a doubt that this is where the Lord needs me! I've only been here for a couple hours and already got lots of compliments on my white skin so I'm thinking my light skin will be a hit in Pohnpei! I prayed for an adventure and boy did I get one!! Missionary life is so great! The church is so so true, like SO true! Love you allllll!
Kaseleh!!!
XOXOXOX/ Sistaaa Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment