Monday, September 19, 2016

I'm in Freakin New Zealand

June 1, 2016


Hellllloooooo!!! I'm in freakin New Zealand! Isn't that crazy?? Our flight to NZ went great! Wanna know how I know that Heavenly Father blesses His missionaries as they serve His children? So I sat in my seat in the aisle and was STOKED that I had an aisle seat. There was a young man next to me and then the two girls who were traveling with me next to him.So he was right in the middle of us!  His wife (girlfriend) was sitting in the seat right in front of him and I could tell they were frustrated they were not sitting next to each other so I offered her my seat and took her seat in the middle! Like 5 minutes before take off the flight attendant came and asked me if I wanted to move up to a seat in the aisle and then I got there and there was no one next to me so I had two seats all to myself! BLESSED. The flight was fine! long but I slept for most of it! and then this HUGE Togan came and picked us up and was so nice and helpful! It is his job to drive the missionaries! Awesome huh? Then we got taken to our rooms by the President and his wife (which are SO nice) and then we went to breakfast. So remember when we were told that the food was the same as the Provo MTC? BULL CRAP. I have no idea what I ate this morning but it was good so hahahah thats good I guess! This place is so great.I just got out of my intereview with the President and he was great! LIFE IS GREAT. I've been here for 4 hours and I have felt the spirit so strongly the entire time. I haven't had one ounce of homesickness and I have truly felt the spirit of the Lord lift me and pick me up! I love being missionary already! I cried when I put on my tag for the first time!!! I hope you guys are all doing okay!! I've been praying for you a lot and I hope you know I am happy and okay. and GUESS WHAT? We get to go to the temple! TWICE!!! Crazy huh? I'm so excited. LIfe is going goooood! There are 4 white sisters and I'm grateful to be one of them! The senior couples here have been so good to us! Sister Morris truly is an angel on earth! She has taken me under her a wing a little as she could tell I was a little emotional! I love this place, I love the MTC, I love being the Lord's missionary, and I LOVE you guys!!!! We are so lucky we get to be a family for eternity! Tell everyone hi for meeeee!!! Talk to ya real soon!!!! PEACE OUT!
Xoxoxoxoxox / Sister Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment