Monday, September 19, 2016

Days are long, but the weeks fly by....

June 16, 2016


Hello hello hello everyone! Ya know how missionaries say that days are forever but weeks fly by? SO TRUE ITS INSANE. This week flew by! And it was such a good one. I love the MTC! I’m learning so much. I swear my brain isn’t big enough to store everything I am learning! But I’m SO excited because I leave for Guam on Tuesday (Monday for you guys)!!!
So this week one of my teachers explained to my district that our Heavenly Father doesn’t like when we are comfortable so once we are comfortable He will put us in the new situation to refine us and help us grow! When she said this I just kept thinking that I was starting to get really comfortable with this whole MTC thing! Then out of nowhere the spirit slapped me in the face hahahha and I STRUGGLED. However something so valuable I learned was that when our Heavenly Father puts a problem in front of us we must think “what am I to learn from this?” A great lesson that I am glad I learned so early on!!
So this week was wayyyy cool because on Wednesday we got to go out with the full-time missionaries and I had the BEST experience! I learned so much and it was BOMB to get out the MTC for a couple of hours! And on Thursday we got to attend the temple again which was such a sweet experience! It made me so grateful to have a temple so close to home. Like we leave at 8 a.m. and don’t get home until 5 p.m. hahah it’s insane! WE ARE BLESSED IN UTAH!
Today is such a special day in the NZ MTC because the Area President, Elder Pierson and his wife are coming along with Sister Mconkie (however you spell that) from the YW General Presidency is coming!!! YAYAYYYYY!!! I’m so excited! This kinda stuff just doesn’t happen in New Zealand so it’s really cool to be here!
Okayyyy so the next time you hear from me I’ll be a Guamian! Wahoooo!!! Love love love you all!!
Peace out from NZ!!

XOXO / Sister Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment