Monday, September 19, 2016

Slippery Rocks

August 21, 2016





Sooooo this week was a good one! (I say that every week but I'm so serious about this week!)
OKAY so I have some funnnnyyyy stories this week! So on Thursday mine and Sister G's recent convert wanted to take us to a waterfall that is right next to her house and have a lesson there! and OF COURSE we said yes. So we start walking and we get to this river and lemme tell ya. This river wasn't just like a slow, peaceful river. This was a river that was going FAST. And I'm with these Pohnpeians who just hop right across it and I'm like GUYS I can't do that hahaha! So we are walking across these big rocks and I get about half way across the river and realize that I have NO idea where to go! So I'm just sitting there laughing because I'm stuck and Akaline yells in Pohnpeian "Sister Russell, just jump!" HAHAH OKAY. So I just jump and before even getting both feet on the rock I'm DOWN. And I fell down HARD hahahah! I'm seriously laughing just writing this. I just sat there on the rock and laughed because I was certain that I had just broken every bone in my body! But don't you worry, I'm good!
Soooo another funny story! So we had district meeting on Thursday and Sister Alanzo, a Pohnpeian sister, comes up to me and Sister Bowers and tells us that she needs to ask us a question! She then goes on to explain to us that she needed us to teach her how to kiss a boy because she was worried that when she went home that she wouldn't be able to kiss HAHAHAHA LIKE WHAT?? I was laughing so hard. So Sister Bowers used an apple to teach her how to kiss a boy. I've never laughed so hard in my life!!! Oh geez. Pohnpeians are so funny!
Soooo in regards to missionary service! Welsit gets married and baptized this week and I couldn't be more excited!!! me and Sister G have invested so so much into him and I just can't wait to see that hard work pay off as he enters the waters of baptism on Saturday! ALSO. he's done with Beetlenut like THANK THE HEAVENS!! Also, Brother Orlando (Esther's dad, the little girl in all my pictures) is on baptismal date for the 13th of September!!!!! WAHOOOO! Missionary work is the BEST!
Things I love about Pohnpei:
1. Garments are only 25 cents here on the LDS store! I'm not kidding. 
2. Everyone is ALWAYS home because no one has jobs or does anything else all day! Which makes finding and teaching eassssyyyy!
3. The people are SO loving. like so loving that sometimes it freaks me out. And are willing to give everything they have to the missionaries!
4. There is only one paved road and then small side roads which makes directions super simple! 
EX: Take the third side road, go past the 5th coconut tree, and the hut is on the left! HAHAH I'm not kidding.
5. They LOVE white people. Like the little kids just come up and touch my skin!
6. Pohnpei is BEAUTIFUL.
Okayyyy those are just some things but seriously I LOVE this place and am so so grateful to be a missionary here! The gospel of Jesus Christ is so so true! I promise!
I poakepoake kumail koares!!!!
Love, Sister Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment