Monday, September 19, 2016

Blessed....

August 7, 2016



Kasalehlie Kumail!!!
It's been another GREAT week on Pohnpei! When I first got here last month I couldn't help but think that this place was weird as crap. There are no stop lights and only one paved road on the entire island, everyone is always eating Ramen mixed with Kool Aid (weird right?? but not that bad HA), shirts are sooooo optional even if you're an 90 year old women, there is one grocery store on the island, and I'm dirty 150% of the time! BUT I LOVE IT! Every single day I grow to love this place more and more!! And every single day I grow to love the people more and more!! Missions are the best because unlike at home your struggles and trials are revolved around others because everything you are doing is revolved around others! I'm learning things here that I simply could not have learned any other way! MISSIONS ARE THE BEST!
One of the most difficult things in this mission is asking an investigator to come to church and they tell you that they don't have shoes or that they are embarrassed to wear the clothes they have to church. Or teaching about the importance of being sealed in the temple to a young family who barely has enough to eat.I truly have been so humbled during my time on Pohnpei. Because lemme tell ya, we are BLESSED to live where we do. 
Okayyyy soooo Akaline! Her baptism is this Saturday and I couldn't be more excited!!! We went to see her every day this week and she finished the Pwuken Mormon in 2 weeks and is starting it again like whhhhat? I've never even read it that fast! Oh I just love her. Her and her family have been so prepared to hear the gospel! As missionaries we often here that these people are prepared for us years before we teach them. Oh my goodness, that is SO true. And also, I know without a doubt that there are angels on both sides of the veil working with these sweet investigators!
Soooo I made a deal with one of our investigators that if he would stop chewing beetlenut that I would come back and see him after my mission and GUYZ it's been a month!!! And ALSO. Him and his girlfriend are getting married on the 25th of August and he is scheduled for baptism on the 27th!! (his girlfriend is already a member!) So YAY! Every single day me and Sista G. pray soooo hard for this guy and to hear that he was living the Word of Wisdom and is ready and willing to get married and enter the waters of baptism was such a blessing! Truly a miracle! One of the most special parts of being a missionary is getting to watch the Atonement work in the lives of these people. I thought I had a testimony of the Atonement before my mission but BOY was I wrong. 
I'm so so grateful to be a missionary! A mission is a different kind of hard than anything I've ever experienced. I truly can't explain it! It's harder than anything I've ever done and yet I don't think I've ever been so so happy!! This gospel is TRUE. it's so so true. Thomas S. Monson IS a true prophet and I know without a doubt that we are sooooo much happier when we follow his counsel! I know with my whole heart that the Book of Mormon is true and that as we read it we will grow so much closer to our Father in Heaven and in His Son, Jesus Christ! I love love love you all!!
I ese me Mwohmwodisowet mehlel! 
I poakepoake kumail!!!
Sending lots & lots of love from the island of Pohnpei!
XO/ Sister Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment