Monday, September 19, 2016

Akaline's Baptism...Yahooooo!

August 14, 2016



Sooooooo some weeks in the mission field just drag and some ROCK. This week ROCKED! On Saturday Akaline and her daughter Revone were baptized and it was the sweetest experience I have yet to experience on my mission. As we visited and taught Akaline I won't lie, she FRUSTRATED me in the beginning. So first off she lives in the middle of the freakin jungle and it's like an hour hike through mud to get to her house and if we ever didn't go see her she would get soooooo upset! Oh annnnnd she's a little bit of a know it all! But as we taught her about the Gospel of Jesus Christ I watched as the Atonement changed her. The hardness of her personality slowly was softened and watching her eyes fill with tears just before entering the waters of baptism was so so sweet! As a missionary I think the best moment ever is hugging your recent convert just after they are baptized! Being a missionary is the BEST!  
Okayyy and remember Welsit?? he's the guy that I make bets with so that he will keep his commitments!!  Well on Wednesday we had a lesson with him and his family (who are all members) and we talked about faith unto repentance! Sista G. & I hadn't planned on inviting him to be baptized in this lesson but the spirit slapped me in the face so I invited him and he said YES! so yayayay!!!!! Welsit will be baptized on August 27th and I couldn't be more excited! When people say that you will come to just love your investigators they are SO right. 
Sooooo the funniest thing happened this week. So the Mand Sisters (the sisters in the area right next to mine, Sister Bowers & Sister Alanzo) were at our house for lunch because we were cleaning out and filling up the baptismal font together! And Sister Alanzo was making something on the stove while me and Sister Bowers were sitting at the kitchen table and Sister G. was in the other room. So we are just sitting there talking and the stove top blows up and a fire starts! HAHAHAH Sister Bowers yells "HOLY SH*T!!" and jumps up on her chair and I just ran out of the house laughing HAHAHAH I'm dying just writing this. Don't you worry! The fire was controlled and no one was harmed! HAHAH oh my goodness...too funny!
I LOVE this place! I LOVE the people here! and I LOVE being a missionary in Pohnpei! I told this to a member the other day and she assured me that she would find me a Pohnpeian husband so that I would never have to leave! HAHAH okayyy I don't love it that much! But I sure am grateful for my short 18 months that I have to serve the Lord! 18 months is so short when you think about the blessings that come from missionary service! Those blessings extend into the eternities!!
I kapingki kapai kumail koares oh I poakepoake kumail koares!
Rongamwahu en Sises Krais mehlel!!
LOVE YOU ALL!
Love/ Sister Russe

No comments:

Post a Comment