Monday, September 19, 2016

Heavenly Father is so aware of us....

July 10, 2016



Kasalehlie Kuwaillllll!!!!
So lemme start off by telling you guys just how dang aware our Heavenly Father is of each one of us! He is SO SO aware. I had been having a hard day, struggling with some dumb things (Pohnpeian hahah) and we had just finished up a dinner appointment when one of the Elders comes running up with this box in his hands yelling "Sister Russell! Sister Russel! I'm sorry we forgot this last week but here you go!!" And he handed me the cutest package from my cute mom! The Elders had picked it up and had forgotten it was in their car until that moment! The moment I needed it the most! And what a blessing it was! The card written was exactly what I needed at that time! Heavenly Father truly knows, is keenly aware, and loves His children!
So on Wednesday we had Zone Conference which was aweeesome because we got to see our Mission President and his wife! My mission president is about a four hour flight away so when I get to see them it's a dang good day! When I saw Sister Zarbock (his wife) I just fell into her arms! She truly is the best ever. She knows exactly what to say and how to say it! The MGM mission is so so lucky to have them!
Sooooo funny story. Me and my companion are sitting in a lesson in this hut and I look up to see four freakin HUGE spiders on the roof. Like they were the size of a small dog (I'm not even kidding) and I about lost it HAHAHA! Safe to say the spirit left that lesson immediately and everyone started laughing! Gosh. It was terrifying! And that same night just after that lesson I was sitting in another lesson and I noticed these small red bumps on my wrist! Thinking it was just bug bites I told my companion and we both kinda forgot about it! HAHAH so I woke up the next morning with a rash allllllllll over my arms and back hahahah it was so funny! and so dang gross!!! But don't you worry! It went away!!! The struggle is so real in Pohnpei!
So ya know how missionaries say that the bishop will just randomly ask the missionaries to speak in sacrament meeting? SO YA that's a thingggg! HAHA and also after speaking in sacrament we were asking to teach gospel principles, and teach singing time in primary! Life of a missionary is the besttttt! And then after church the bishop asked me if I would teach an English class every Sunday night because I'm so good at English ahahah like whatttt? So imagine me (not knowing any Pohnpeian) trying to teach all these Pohnpeians English! Safe to say it did notttttt go well!
But for reals! Being a missionary here is such a blessing! Seeing the Atonement work in the lives of these sweet people every day has been an incredible experience. It has changed my view of the Savior and His Atonement! My testimony has been stretched and tested but lemme tell you guys! This church is SO true. like so so true! There's no way I would live in a 3rd world country, trying to learn Pohnpeian if I wasn't SO certain of its truthfulness!
Imen Wia I Kadeidei, I ese me Mwomwohdiso wet mehlel. I ese me Sises Krais iaias! I ese me Joseph Smith Soukop mehlel men! I ese me Pwuken Mormon mehlel!!
I poakepoake Kumail!!!
XO- Sista Russell 10, 2016


No comments:

Post a Comment