Monday, September 19, 2016

The fish in Pohnpei is 39743048148347 times better than the fish in Utah

September 4, 2016



Hellllllooooo everyone!
It's been a great week on Pohnpei and lemme tell you, I'm one happy happy missionary! I LOVE being a missionary! 
OKAY GUYS. MIRACLES HAPPEN.
So  if you remember from last week I was quite frustrated with this Welsit! He's been meeting with missionaries for 4 years and has yet to get baptized because he can't get over chewing beetlenut. UGH. When I first met him I was determined that I was going to be the missionary who baptized Welsit! I've prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed and fasted and fasted and fasted for him. So on Thursday Sister G. and I went to go see him. Something was different this time! I could immediately tell that something was very, very different! We started the lesson and before we even got into what we had prepared with tears in his eyes he says..."I'm done with Beetlenut, I realized last night that I need to change something in my life and I'm done with Beetlenut!"
I just sat there. I was SHOCKED. And then I cried. hahahahha!!!! I'M SO HAPPY!!!! So Welsit will be baptized this Saturday! YAY. 
One thing I know for sure is that our Father in Heaven is indeed aware of His children. SO so aware. He hears our prayers and is aware of the trials, temptations, and struggles we are all going through!
So last week at our meeting with Elder Yamashita and President Zarbock, President challenged us all to invite our investigators to be baptized in every single lesson! When he said it I literally laughed. I thought he was insane!!! But knowing that he's inspired, we did it!!! And now we have 6 investigators on baptismal date!! 6 FREAKIN PEOPLE!!!! Crazy huh? Being a missionary here on Pohnpei is the besttttt! 
Things I love about Pohnpei #2
1. There's no speed limit and the one paved road is currrrrrrvy so driving here is always an adventure! (Sister G. and I ALWAYS pray hard before driving hahah)
2. The people here have NOTHING and give everything. I'm learning so so much from them every single day.
3. Doing your hair isn't a thing here! THANK THE HEAVENS!!
4. The fish here is about 39473048148347 times better than fish in UTAH.
5. Everyday is an adventure! hahahahaha
There's a bajillion things I love about Pohnpei! I'm learning so much every single day. About myself, the gospel, and about our Heavenly Father's love for His children!! Being a missionary is one of the sweetest blessings EVER. Watching the Atonement transform peoples lives is absolutely incredible!
I poakepoake kumail koaros!!!!
Xo. Sister Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment