Sunday, January 8, 2017

Hey! and Happy New Year!!





Hey! Hey! Heyyy!
Another week done just like that!! Sometimes it freaks me out how quickly weeks fly by! So this week was GOOD. Remember Nedleen?? The lady who was baptized with her son a few weeks ago!  Adas, Nedleen's daughter, was baptized this week! Wahooo! and also the dad is preparing for baptism for the beginning of February! So once he is baptized hen the road to the temple begins!! Nedleen told me that she has already started saving! The closest temple is in the Philippines but just you wait! Soon enough there will be a temple on this crazy island!
So this week I don't have any WAY crazy stories. Didn't hit any pigs, no one was licking my feet, and no frogs were in our toilet! But I do have a funny one! So here's a little background... On Pohnpei, dating isn't a thing!! The guy just kinda says he wants to marry the girl and then the girls just says yes or no! It's SO weird. So this past week Sister Pokipala and I are in a lesson with a guy and I'm in the middle of a sentence and he just cuts me off and asks me if I'll marry him after he is baptized! hahahaha no. But GOOD thing I had a Pohnpeian companion who taught me that if you say yes, even if you are joking, you are obligated to marry them! hahahahah Pohnpei is so weird. & I think the elders might be getting a new investigator real soon!
Oh geez I love this place! Some people are DANG weird but boy do I love them!! The decision I made to serve a mission was by far the best decision I've made. The Lord has blessed me so so much. LIFE'S GOOD.
Lessons learning this week! (by Sister Bowers, Wari and Pokipala)
1. Take everything out of your pockets before you wash your clothes.
2. Don't get butt hurt when your comp calls you fat, just take it.
3. People from Papua New Guinea really don't eat people.
4. But Tongans really do hate Samoans.
5. Sister missionaries make everyone uncomfortable.
Okay peace out girl scouts!! Kasalel Kumaiiiilll!
LOVE. Sister Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment