Sunday, January 29, 2017




Aiiii Maingggg!
This week was just weird. hahaha so weird! But GOOD. I'm not quite sure I ever understood how powerful Satan is until I came on my mission but lemme tell ya! That guy is dang strong and he is the WORST hahaha.
But yes life is GOOD. I'm finally getting to the point where I understand how to be a servant of the Lord instead of a missionary with a badge. So I have the cutest story. Last night we were going to a members house to pick up our member present when everyone looked a little down! The oldest daughter told me that her parents had been out getting food for a few hours and the little kids were starting to get HUNGRY. We had lessons planned and people that we needed to go see but knowing exactly what Sises Krais would have done! So we ran home and made a whole lot of PB&J's, grabbed some chips and candy and were off! it was like Christmas morning to those kids!! It was such a tender mercy for me to see Heavenly Father reach out to His children through me. Oh I love love love the calling I hold!
So in regards to the work here in Mesihsou things are going sooooo good! You guys remember Nedleen? oh my heck that lady is the BEST. I can't wait for the day when she's called as the General Relief Society President or something hahha. She's a CONVERT not just a baptism and oh my heck do I love her and her family. I'm working with her husband right now and working with the Welter family has made me truly understand my calling as a missionary! We are constantly pointing them to the temple and helping them see the big picture. Nedleen and her husband call us her children and the kids call us their sisters. I was never quite sure why I got sent to this crazy hard mission until I watched the Atonement work through Nedleen and her family. You truly can feel the light of Christ when you walk into their home! What a tender mercy it was for me to see this lady who has been taught by every missionary ever change her heart when I started teaching her! it's TRUE. There are people prepared for specific missionaries! ALSO because of this family I'm a whole more grateful for the temple and for eternal families! I've always LOVED the temple. and that love has grown so so much since coming to Pohnpei. So many of the members pray in every prayer that a temple will come closer to Pohnpei!  The day they announce a temple in Micronesia will be the best day of my liiiiiife!
I get a whole lot of support from home and I want you all to know just how grateful I am for that! thank you thank you thank you!! On hard days I really can feel the prayers of loved one's at home! Being a missionary is the best. the toughest thing ever. but the best! 
Udahn I poakepoake kumail!
LOVE. Sister Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment