Sunday, October 23, 2016

#teampants


October 23, 2016


Oc



Hellllloooo Ienge!!
OKAY. FIRST OFF.
Soooooooo last night I get a call from the assistants. "Sister Russell you're training and we need you at the airport at 11:00 p.m. to catch your midnight flight to Guam! Go pack!!" ARE YOU KIDDING. So I freak out because I DO NOT know Pohnpeian or my area or anything about training. So it's 11:15. I'm sitting in line waiting to check in and the zone leaders get a call from President Zarbock annnnd President had just gotten off the phone with the MTC and my companion had just gone home for confession problems! And thennnnn President calls Sister George and asks her to extend so BLESS UP! I'm NOT training and staying in Mesihsou with my girl Sista G!
I'm so happy. HAHAH. 
So for all of you who are as confused as I am about where I am serving then type in "I'm a Mormon Kalio" on Google! Then watch the Youtube video! It's a video of my stake president and it shows Pohnpei and it even shows my chapel! Check it ouuuuut!
OKAY so for those who know me know that I am DANG clumsy. And on Tuesday while taking out the trash I managed to trip over the trash bag, face plant it (in front of a group of members), AND chop my foot open. YIKES. So I'm just bleeding evvvvverywhere but we needed to go see an investigator so I just wrapped it up and headed for the jungle! As you can probably imagine it was looking pretty gnarly by the time we got to their house! And the mom was not about to let me in her house with my foot like that. HA. So she picks me up (she's TINY) sets me down and starts using this weird "local medicine"on my foot! My comp starts the lesson and this lady is just playing doctor on my foot and guess what she was using to clean it? HER TONGUE. I'm not kidding. Buuuuuut by the end of the lesson we had an investigator on baptismal date and a huge piece of glass out of my foot! Wahooooo!
So in my mission Sisters are allowed to wear pants because of bugs and stuff! And when me and my mom were shopping for pants I told her that there was NO WAY those things would ever go on my body! Sooooo on Thursday morning me and Sister Leslie and Sister Fehoko thought it'd be funny to wear them to district meeting. HA.You should have seen the elders faces! But as stupid as we looked I am definitely #TeamPants HAHAHAH and the rest of the day it was me and Sister Leslie (two white, tall girls in dress pants) and Sister George (a short, Pohnpeian in a skirt) HAHAH We looked like a modern-day family in the U.S. HA.
Soooo on the spiritual side of things we FINALLY got to watch conference! And HOLY crap! It was like seeing a bunch of familiar faces! It was fun to see a couple of General Authorities that I have met while being here on my mission too! Buuuut "Fourth Floor, Last Door" OKAY UCHTDORF FOR REALS?? 
Annnnnd also along with the spiritual stuff... our investigators are really really moving along right now and the work is SO fun (as fun as walking around talking about church can be) and we even have two baptisms this week!! Wahoooo those are the best. 
What a weird week. But a dang good one!
Kasalellllllll!!
Xo. Sister Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment