Monday, October 10, 2016

Put your big girl skirt on.....






Lelhie mincooooo!!!
Now let me tell ya. It was a DANG good week. So first off!! President and Sister Zarbock flew in for Stake Conference (there's only one stake on Pohnpei so it's a BIG deal) and that is like seeing my mom and dad!! A squeeze from Sister Zarbock is the BEST. And stake conference was ALMOST as good as that! Aj and JMax (the two little boys baptized last week) brought their entire family and it was the dang cutest thing ever! And also it was just so so fun to be with all of the Saints on the island of Pohnpei!! Wahoooo I LOVE Pohnpei!
Annnnnd yesterday we had Zone Conference which was AWESOME (and long and borrrrinnnnggg) But really it's such a blessing to hear from President and his sweet wife! I learned so much!!! But one of the sweetest things happened after the meeting! So me and my companions had interviews with President and while I was waiting I sat and talked to Sister Zarbock and began telling her about my decision to quit soccer and serve a mission. And with tears in her eyes she reassured me that this is exactly where the Lord needed me because the people of Pohnpei need me and I need them! I've heard that 1,000 times and yet at that moment I knew without a doubt that my Heavenly Father knew me and knew exactly what I needed to hear!
Soooooo then. I met with President Zarbock. Now I wouldn't say he scares me but he just has this look that he gives you. Eh. Not a fan! But I will say, he's a dang good mission president! He's so real. I was explaining to him how nervous I was to lead an area and he said "Sister Russell, you can't lead this area. However, you and the Lord can. And not only that but you are going to be a successful, baptizing missionary in this area." So at this point we are both crying and he goes "So put on your big girl skirt and lead this dang area" HAHAH Okay President. Thanks. 
Lessons learned this weeeeeeek.
1. Prayer is EVERYTHING. 
2. I learned how to Hula (unsuccessfully)
3. The Gospel is simple. SO simple.
4. The gift of tongues is crazy real.
5. Missionary work is impossible on your own!
6. Bucket showers are quicker and more effective.
Missions shape and refine people in a way nothing else can! I LOVE my mission. My testimony of the Book of Mormon and Atonement are tried and strengthened every day! Days are hot and long and tiring and yet FULL of lotsssss of laughing and a whole lot of happy moments! I'm so so grateful to serve here on Pohnpei! Sending lots and lots of limpoak!!!
XO. Sister Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment