Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Stolen Shoes and a Slammed Door





Here's my week in a few sentences:
- So there's this game called "budget" on Pohnpei and it is SO funny. The point of the game is you can't say the word "yes" and if you do then the other person budgets you and then takes something of yours! I know it sounds awful but it's SO fun. & long story short I played that with a member during Family Home Evening and walked away with a new necklace and no shoes :)))
- Went to Guam this week for Mission Leadership Counsel! We don't have normal food in PNI so duh me and Sister Bowers ate at Panda Express 4 times hahaha yikes.
- Also in Guam I got my first door SLAMMED right in my face. Bless up that Pohnpei doesn't have doors. I'm not quite sure how other missionaries handle that crap. I was so upset. hahahahah.
- Sister Bowers complained the WHOLE week in Guam that she wanted to eat Pohnpeian food. literally ALL week. So we go to church yesterday and Nohno Elies tells us that she'd be feeding us Sunday night and so we go there and it's literally the only food that Sister Bowers doesn't like, eggs and rice with sugar and coconut milk hahahahah. I was dying. good thing the elders were there and could help her out. That's what she gets for complaining. 
- To be cool my volleyball team (ward volleyball team) decided to make t shirts. The shirts were bad luck and we lost big time. & to add to it on the final serve I totally slipped and went DOWN face to the ground. better luck next week.
- OH and I got to drive in President Postons car this week with him and his wife :))) that man is a great guy.

Not quite sure what else happened this week! Just a whole lot of meetings and running around the jungle. love love love being a missionary in Micronesia. blessed.
LOVE. Sister Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment