Sunday, September 24, 2017

Katherene




I don't talk about this girl enough. Kathrene Usar. Our 18 year old investigator who I love with my whole heart.  
It was like Heavenly Father was saying "Hey you two, thanks for working hard! Here's a perfectly prepared person. Please help her!" 
In our very first lesson with her she just broke down in tears. & though we had only known her for about 15 minutes she explained to us many of the trials and tribulations that she had been experiencing over the past year. Nothing about this girls life has been easy. & because of this her heart has been humbled and prepared to have the joys of the Gospel in her life! Every time we meet her she just cries and tells us how grateful she is for the peace that comes into her life when we see her. and EVERY time she prays, she prays that she will be able to receive the Holy Ghost so that she can have this peace in her life all the time. I LOVE HER. oh my goodness. and not only that but she has the cutest little daughter and last night we taught her about how she would be able to be with her for Eternity. HOW sweet is that? Kathrene has strengthened my testimony so much that this truly is the Gospel of HAPPINESS and this is the only way that we can have peace in this life and in the next. Bless up.
So here's a good story. So the other night Nohno Elies gave me and Sister Bowers this chicken that was AWFUL. I mean I love Pohnpeian food but this was something else. & on top of that is was HOT. and neither of us could get this chicken down so both of us just held it in our hand behind our backs for like 10 minutes hahahah. my hand was about to burn off and also was COVERED in this nasty sauce. ahhhh it was so awful but so funny because then we had to leave and hug everyone so then we covered each others backs while the other one hugged everyone AHHAHAHA only on a mission. 
I LOVE Pohnpei and I love this Gospel with my whole heart. I PROMISE this is the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the only way to have JOY in this life and in the next. 
LOVE. Sister Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment